Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » Do I need surgery for piles and fissure?

Do I need surgery for piles and fissure?

Q: I am suffering from piles since last 2 years and I am taking homeopathy but if I stop taking these, the problem starts within 2-3 days. How long do I have to take this? I am also having fissures. Do I need surgery? Should I go for laser surgery?

A:Piles and fissures are different. Piles are dilated, swollen veins in the anal canal. Sometimes they swell so much that they pop out, and bleed. If your doctor says you have grade three or grade four piles, you need surgery (haemorrhoidectomy). If you have smaller piles (grades one or two) they need injection or banding treatment. If you have grade one or two piles that have continued to bleed despite banding or injection, you need surgery. Surgery can be open or stapler. Don’t think about laser. Stapler surgery causes less pain than does open surgery. Recurrence after good open surgery is 1-2%, after good stapler surgery are about 4-5%. However, I recommend stapler since the discomfort is less, and if I needed haemorrhoidectomy I would (having done both types of operation extensively) choose staplers any time. Fissures are small injuries on the anal region, and are quite painful. Early fissures need medicines and hot water baths. Advanced fissures need surgery: this surgery is very minor. If you have both piles and fissure, usually you would need to be treated for the piles: this will anyway cure the fissure. However, consult your doctor.

Woman Gives Birth To 'Miracle Twins' Naturally, Discharges Self Hours Later

Thu, 21 Sep 2017 14:30:15 IST
Apparently she had no idea that she was giving birth to twins and then the natural delivery of the kids made the doctors describe it as "miraculous". The kids are joined at the abdomen and share an umbilical cord. Doctors say that they "desperately need surgery".

Shocking Rise In Premature Baby Deaths, Reveals Study

Thu, 21 Sep 2017 12:33:03 IST
There has been a tremendous rise in the number of neonatal deaths in connection with premature births and babies with low-birthweight over the period of past 15 years even though the country has witnessed decline in early deaths from infections, according to health officials.

Hyderabad: Senior Doctor Attacked At Gandhi Hospital, 250 Juniors Boycott Duties

Thu, 21 Sep 2017 11:30:47 IST
Doctors tried to save him but he succumbed to the attack, post which, his family attacked the doctors saying that they did not pay much attention to the patient.

Woman Revived After 30 Minutes Of Death!

Thu, 21 Sep 2017 10:30:16 IST
She suffered a cardiac arrest just before the surgery began and it was no less than a miracle when the doctors were able to revive her 30 minutes after she suffered a cardiac arrest.