Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » Do I need surgery for my enlarged parotid gland?

Do I need surgery for my enlarged parotid gland?

Q: I am a 63 years old male. I have a superficial parotid gland below my right ear since the past one year. It is about an inch big and is benign. I have been taking homeopathic treatment, but this hasnt been of any use. Is it advisable to go for a surgery, considering my age? What will be the side effects? Will this have any effect on facial nerves? Please advise.

A:Homeopathy is not the answer for this. Please see an ENT or better a general surgeon and have it removed. At your age removal is the best form of management. As far as the facial nerve is concerned, in an experienced hand the complications like this are very remote. Please don't waste time.


--------------------------------Advertisement---------------------------------- -
Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com