Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » Do I need in-vitro fertilization (IVF)?

Do I need in-vitro fertilization (IVF)?

Q: I had an ectopic pregnancy twice and one of my fallopian tubes has been removed. I would like to know if there is any chance for normal pregnancy or should I go for IVF? I also suffered plural effusion in the right lung. My doctor has advised IVF.

A:It is best to go in for IVF if one tube has been removed due to ectopic pregnancy. However, if the other tube is healthy and open, you still have a chance of conceiving normally. The best option for you would be to have a laparoscopy, see the other tubes' health as well as patency and if both are good, to try naturally. If the tube is grossly damaged and shows hydrosalpinx, then blocking it would be a good option before IVF.


--------------------------------Advertisement---------------------------------- -
Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com