Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » Can surgery be avoided for stricture urethra?

Can surgery be avoided for stricture urethra?

Q: I am 38 years old. I have recently been detected for a urinary problem which is the presence of a stricture in the urethra - bulbar region. The problem is about 1 year old. Presently I pass urine quite frequently and the bladder does not get empty at one time. There are always urine traces left in my bladder. Till now my kidneys are fine. I am presently in Bombay. Please advise me which treatment would help me to get cured. I want to avoid surgery.

A:To make a diagnosis of stricture urethra, uroflow and possibly RGU is required. Stricture occurs usually after urethral instrumentation like catheter insertion etc. or after infection like gonorrhoea which is a sexually transmitted disease. If you really have stricture, it needs endoscopic surgery or urethral dilatation. There is no medical or acupressure or homeopathy treatment. There are other causes of your problems besides stricture, so before you go for any treatment, get a uroflowmetry done, confirm the diagnosis, and go for surgery. Consult a urologist.


--------------------------------Advertisement---------------------------------- -
Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com