Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » Can I resort to taking Viagra after a stroke?

Can I resort to taking Viagra after a stroke?

Q: I am 63 years old. I am also suffering from hypertension and diabetes. I had a stroke recently. I am taking the drugs Warfarin 8, Amlogard 5 mg, Neurobion Forte, Folic acid, Atorvastatin 10 mg, and Insulin 8 in the morning and Insulin 16 in the evening. How many weeks after a brain stem stroke can I resume taking Viagra? I used to take Viagra 50 mg once or twice a week before the stroke.

A:Viagra is the brand name of the medicine Sildenafil. The safety of Sildenafil within six months of a stroke has not been determined; hence, one should not use it within six months of a stroke. It is not clear as to why Neurobion Forte has been prescribed to you. Combinations of vitamin B-1, B-6 and B-12 have been found to be ineffective and are banned in all advanced countries. Even in India the combination was banned, but continued to be marketed due to loopholes in the law.