Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » Can I have a normal sex life if having hypogonadotropic hypogonadism?

Can I have a normal sex life if having hypogonadotropic hypogonadism?

Q: I am a 24 years old man who has been diagnosed with hypogonadotropic hypogonadism 4 years back and taking androgens since then. Can I have a normal sex life? I am able to masturbate with ejaculations and oozing of thick fluid. I get proper erections too but my penis size is four and a half inch after erection. Is this a matter of concern? Though I live a normal life without any difficulty along with other boys and interact with everyone. Also, how can I lose fat from my hips? Can I take viagra without consulting the doctor?

A:The defect in hypogonadotropic hypogonadism is at the level of brain or more precisely hypothalamus. The treatment is replacement with sex hormones / steroids, which you are taking and doing well. Androgens will keep your sexual function normal but will not cause sperm formation for which you have to take HCG and or HMG. This treatment can be delayed till you get married and desire for kids. Yes, with androgen replacement you can have normal sexual function. Do not worry about penile size. Do not worry to reduce hip size. You need to do exercise at hip, which can remove fat from that area. Viagra is not over the counter medication and should be taken on doctor's prescription only.


--------------------------------Advertisement---------------------------------- -
Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com