Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » Can I continue taking metformin (Glycomet)?

Can I continue taking metformin (Glycomet)?

Q: I am a 27 year old female got married two years back and now planning for pregnancy. I am hypertensive and taking methyldopa. I am also taking metformin as my triglycerides count is high. Can I continue taking metformin (Glycomet)? My doctor asked me to do a scan for polycystic ovaries on the 2nd or 3rd day of my period. She said if there are polycystic ovaries then she would suggest me to continue taking Glycomet. Please suggest.

A:The dose of Glycomet you are taking is not sufficient for PCOS. I suggest you consult an infertility specialist and confirm the diagnosis of PCOS which is done on the basis of a day 2 scan and clinical criteria such as prolonged cycles or evidence of acne or excessive growth of facial or body hair or on the basis of some hormone tests.

Swine Flu Explosion: 42 New Cases Reported In Mohali, Tips To Prevent It

Mohali district reportedly sees increased number of cases of swine flu this year. So far, there have been 42 positive cases and five deaths of this deadly disease. Here's a list of tips to prevent it.

Angry With The Expensive Treatment, Patient Stabs The Doctor!

When the doctor came in to examine him on Monday evening, the patient attacked the doctor in a fit of rage. It is being stated that the patient took this step because he was upset with the expensive treatment.

65 Year Old Zirakpur Man Dies Of Swine Flu

A 65-year-old man, called Kirti Kumar died due to swine flu in Zirakpur, on Monday. This is the third swine-flu death in the Derabassi Subdivision within a period of one month.

Kerala AIDS Society Grants 'Clean Chit' To Regional Cancer Centre

According to a report by the Kerala State AIDS Control Society, the blood given to a nine year-old girl during transfusion at Regional Cancer Centre (RCC) in Thiruvananthapuram was tested before the process, and HIV was not detected, but the same was detected at a later stage.