How to tell your kids about your divorce?
Breaking the news to children that their parents are getting a divorce can be quite difficult.
- Don't keep the information from your child or wait until the last minute to tell the child.
- Both parents should get together to talk to the child.
- Speak simply, honestly and directly with the child. Don't speak negatively about the other parent in front of the child.
- Explain that the divorce is not the child's fault. Make sure the child knows that both parents will still be around, and both still love the child.
- Be honest that this is a sad and difficult time for everyone.
DoctorNDTV is the one stop site for all your health needs providing the most credible health information, health news and tips with expert advice on healthy living, diet plans, informative videos etc. You can get the most relevant and accurate info you need about health problems like diabetes, cancer, pregnancy, HIV and AIDS, weight loss and many other lifestyle diseases. We have a panel of over 350 experts who help us develop content by giving their valuable inputs and bringing to us the latest in the world of healthcare.