Travel tips for diabetics
Diabetics should always keep insulin or oral anti-diabetic drugs handy while traveling.
- Get the location and duration of the trip approved by your treating physician.
- Keep insulin or oral anti-diabetic drugs handy; carry it in hand baggage in the plane or train.
- Protect the insulin from extreme heat or cold.
- Maintain your food habits even when your routine is different. Eat at regular intervals and do not overeat.
- Keep candies or toffees handy in case of a sudden drop in blood sugar.
DoctorNDTV is the one stop site for all your health needs providing the most credible health information, health news and tips with expert advice on healthy living, diet plans, informative videos etc. You can get the most relevant and accurate info you need about health problems like diabetes, cancer, pregnancy, HIV and AIDS, weight loss and many other lifestyle diseases. We have a panel of over 350 experts who help us develop content by giving their valuable inputs and bringing to us the latest in the world of healthcare.