Protecting children from burn injuries
Do not drink hot beverages when a child is sitting in your lap.
- Do not drink hot beverages when a child is sitting in your lap.
- Coffee and teapots should not be left on the table. Table cloths should not hang down so that the child is able to pull it and overturn things on to himself.
- Always check the temperature of hot water with the back of your hand before you wash the child.
- Young children should not be allowed to play near hot ovens. Try not to have the child with you when you are cooking in the kitchen.
- Place guards in front of heaters, and the iron should be unplugged when not in use.