Dealing with an aggressive child
Do not act roughly with an aggressive child.
- Setting an example for the child is important. The parents should avoid display of aggressive behaviour and refrain from verbal abuse in front of children.
- Keep the children away from people or playmates who are aggressive.
- Avoid television programmes featuring violence.
- Do not act roughly with an aggressive child. This would encourage aggressive behaviour in the child.
- Avoid all forms of physical punishment. Spanking, hitting and physical abuse can teach a child to spank and hit others.