Protecting children from threats
Children face potential environmental threats everyday in their homes, schools, and playgrounds. They are particularly vulnerable to pollutants and toxins.
- Don't smoke or let others smoke in your home or car. Keep your home as clean as possible. Dust, mold, certain household pests, can trigger asthma attacks and allergies.
- Protect children from lead poisoning and carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning. Keep pesticides and other toxic chemicals away from children.
- Wash children's hands before they eat and often wash their toys and bottles. Wash floors and window sills to protect kids from dust and peeling paint contaminated with lead - especially in older homes.
- Put food and trash away in closed containers to keep pests from coming into your home.
- Protect children from too much sun. Have them wear hats, and protective clothing. Keep them out of the mid-day sun.
DoctorNDTV is the one stop site for all your health needs providing the most credible health information, health news and tips with expert advice on healthy living, diet plans, informative videos etc. You can get the most relevant and accurate info you need about health problems like diabetes, cancer, pregnancy, HIV and AIDS, weight loss and many other lifestyle diseases. We have a panel of over 350 experts who help us develop content by giving their valuable inputs and bringing to us the latest in the world of healthcare.