Keeping your baby clean
Keeping your baby clean is very important for his/her hygiene. Read on to find tips on keeping your little one clean and tidy.
- While sponging your baby, always wash his face first, while the water is the cleanest.
- Make sure that the nappy is clean and dry and in case the nappy gets infected, using a little antiseptic powder will help dry it. Do not use disinfectants on your baby's skin, because they take away the skin's natural ability to fight infection.
- Always remember to wash the baby's hands after she has come in contact with pets.
- Till the baby is four months old, sterilise everything that goes into your baby's mouth. Try keeping her away from people that are sick. After 4 months continue sterilising milk utensils and water bottles.
- Be careful about storage and heating of milk, never leave it at room temperature for too long.
DoctorNDTV is the one stop site for all your health needs providing the most credible health information, health news and tips with expert advice on healthy living, diet plans, informative videos etc. You can get the most relevant and accurate info you need about health problems like diabetes, cancer, pregnancy, HIV and AIDS, weight loss and many other lifestyle diseases. We have a panel of over 350 experts who help us develop content by giving their valuable inputs and bringing to us the latest in the world of healthcare.