Getting your child to sleep
Creating an environment amiable for sleeping could help your child to sleep.
- Do not put your child to sleep with a bottle in his/her mouth. The child may begin to depend on the bottle to sleep. The milk can cause early decay of the teeth.
- Don't fill your child's bed with toys because toys act as stimulator in keeping the child engaged with playful activities.
- The baby's bed should clean and tidy as clutter can cause disturbed sleep.
- Build a sleep routine. When you try to establish a regular sleeping time, your child's body clock adapts to it.
- Darken the room so that the child understands that 'lights out' means time to get to bed.
DoctorNDTV is the one stop site for all your health needs providing the most credible health information, health news and tips with expert advice on healthy living, diet plans, informative videos etc. You can get the most relevant and accurate info you need about health problems like diabetes, cancer, pregnancy, HIV and AIDS, weight loss and many other lifestyle diseases. We have a panel of over 350 experts who help us develop content by giving their valuable inputs and bringing to us the latest in the world of healthcare.