Advantages of breastfeeding
Breast milk is the ideal food for your baby till 4-5 months of age.
- It is safe, hygienic, and available to the infant at the correct temperature.
- It meets the nutritional requirements of the infant fully in the first few months of life.
- It contains antimicrobial factors that provide protection against diarrhoeal diseases and respiratory infections in the first months of life.
- It is easily digested and utilised by both normal and premature babies.
- Breast feeding promotes bonding between the mother and infant.
DoctorNDTV is the one stop site for all your health needs providing the most credible health information, health news and tips with expert advice on healthy living, diet plans, informative videos etc. You can get the most relevant and accurate info you need about health problems like diabetes, cancer, pregnancy, HIV and AIDS, weight loss and many other lifestyle diseases. We have a panel of over 350 experts who help us develop content by giving their valuable inputs and bringing to us the latest in the world of healthcare.