Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » Why do my nipples remain swollen all the time?

Why do my nipples remain swollen all the time?

Q: I am a 20-year-old boy. My nipples have been swollen from the past 7-8 years. They become normal while bathing and after it. But after some time they swell up again. I am very conscious about it. I am not confident in removing my shirt in front of anyone, even my girlfriend. What is the solution to my problem?

A:The nipples get erect after any kind of stimulation in the form of temperature, touch etc. This is a normal phenomenon in all human beings because of the nerve supply. In men, it is not so prominent because of lack of tissue underneath the nipple. You don't have to be too worried about it but in case you feel the size is more, then you need to consult a plastic surgeon to see if you have any glandular tissue underneath, which might require excision of the same.

Woman Gives Birth To 'Miracle Twins' Naturally, Discharges Self Hours Later

Thu, 21 Sep 2017 14:30:15 IST
Apparently she had no idea that she was giving birth to twins and then the natural delivery of the kids made the doctors describe it as "miraculous". The kids are joined at the abdomen and share an umbilical cord. Doctors say that they "desperately need surgery".

Shocking Rise In Premature Baby Deaths, Reveals Study

Thu, 21 Sep 2017 12:33:03 IST
There has been a tremendous rise in the number of neonatal deaths in connection with premature births and babies with low-birthweight over the period of past 15 years even though the country has witnessed decline in early deaths from infections, according to health officials.

Hyderabad: Senior Doctor Attacked At Gandhi Hospital, 250 Juniors Boycott Duties

Thu, 21 Sep 2017 11:30:47 IST
Doctors tried to save him but he succumbed to the attack, post which, his family attacked the doctors saying that they did not pay much attention to the patient.

Woman Revived After 30 Minutes Of Death!

Thu, 21 Sep 2017 10:30:16 IST
She suffered a cardiac arrest just before the surgery began and it was no less than a miracle when the doctors were able to revive her 30 minutes after she suffered a cardiac arrest.