Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » Which drug is best for treating Hepatic abscess?

Which drug is best for treating Hepatic abscess?

Q: I am a 25 years old male suffering from Hepatic abscess infection. Which of these drugs is best for me – Chlororquine; Satranidazole or Ornidazole; or Oxfloxacin? My doctor prescribed me Chlororquine and Ornidazole, which have not been helpful and now he is planning to change to o2 (ofloxacin and Ornidazole).

A:From the details that you have provided, it appears that you are suffering from liver abscess. The medicines commonly prescribed for liver abscess are:-

  1. Metronidazole - for amoebic liver abscess, which is given for 7 to 10 days. Other medicines used are tinidazole, Ornidazole, etc.
  2. Antibiotics such as Ofloxacin or other oral or IV antibiotics - for Pyogenic liver abscess. The course is usually up to 2 weeks.
  3. Your treating doctor has to first diagnose the cause of liver abscess & then give you the appropriate medications. Hope this clarifies your doubts.


--------------------------------Advertisement---------------------------------- -
Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com