Where is surgery for tetrology of Fallot available in India?
Q: My son who is 9 years old, is suffering from congenital heart defect: Tetrology of Fallot. Could you guide us as to: Who is the best doctor available in India today who can be consulted and undergo the corrective procedures? Please advise me the cost effective hospitals. Can you guide as to where to find-out suitable sponsor for the surgery.
A:Surgery is the only solution and that too as soon as possible as now we operate on TOFs as early as 6 months to a year. The hospitals and the approx cost are as follows
- Delhi: All India Institute of Medical Sciences - Rs. 60 000; Escorts Heart Institute and Research Centre - 1,65 000
- Chennai: MG Ramachandra Medical College; Madras Medical Mission - same as Escorts
- Kerela: Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences - 80,000
- Bangalore: Narayana Hirdualaya - 100,000
- Hyderabad: Apollo Hospital.
Why am I feeling chest pain two months after sympathectomy?
How long does healing take after circumcision?
Do I need to undergo surgery for lumps?
How long does a pig valve last?
How to avoid recurrence of pilonidal sinus and fistula?
What diet precautions should be taken after peptic ulcer surgery?