Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » What should I do for fat and B12 deficiency?

What should I do for fat and B12 deficiency?

Q: I am 28 years old and have severe fat deficiency. I also have B12 and folate deficiency? What should I do?

A:You have not mentioned any laboratory reports or investigations, which suggest this. The best way to make up a nutritional deficiency is to consume a diet rich in these items rather than taking supplements. Foods rich in vitamin B12 are those from animal sources including fish, meat, poultry, eggs and dairy products (milk, cheese, ghee, dahi). Many food items available in the market (like breakfast cereals) are fortified by vitamin B12 and are a good source for it. Folate rich foods are green leafy vegetables, fruits and legumes. For women who lead a sedentary lifestyle, the total fat consumption should be between 50 - 70 gms per day with most of it coming from polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats like fish, nuts, seeds and vegetable oils. Please discuss this with your doctor and a dietician to plan a healthy and nutritious diet.


--------------------------------Advertisement---------------------------------- -
Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com