Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » What is treatment for infertility?

What is treatment for infertility?

Q: I am a 37 years old male. I am suffering from infertility. My testosterone level is 4 %. However, my level of FSH is too high. My wife and I want to have children. At present, I am taking Omnadren. Will this help? What should we do? I'm really worried.

A:Hypogonadism in a male refers to a decrease in either of the two major functions of the testes: sperm production or testosterone production. This can be due to abnormalities that can result from a disease of the testes (primary hypogonadism) or disease of the pituitary or hypothalamus (secondary hypogonadism). If your testosterone is low and FSH and LH are high, it is likely that you have primary hypogonadism as opposed to secondary where FSH and LH are also low, along with low testosterone. There are many things which need to be clarified, in your case, like how long have been facing this problem? How frequently do you shave? Do you any erection difficulty? According to your description, it is most likely a case of primary hypogonadism. You need to first find out repeat free testosterone(between 8-9 am) levels than spermetogram (sperm analysis). Once you have got these tests done, then only any treatment option can be discussed.


--------------------------------Advertisement---------------------------------- -
Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com