Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » What is the remedy for dry skin?
What is the remedy for dry skin?
Q: I am a 25 years old female. Please give me a remedy for dry skin.
A:May I suggest the following:
- Get sufficient sleep to allow skin cells repair themselves during resting phase
- Regular exercise and gentle massage of your skin boost blood circulation, encourage blood flow that results in a better tissue supplement with the oxygen, nourishing and cleansing your skin from within
- Drink at least 2 quarts of water every day to keep the skin adequately hydrated
- Balance your diet, increasing the intake of grains, seeds, nuts, raw fruits and vegetables, foods rich with sulphur and the vitamins A and C for younger-looking soft and supple skin
- Avoid caffeine, sugar, chocolate, fried foods in your diet
- Avoid smoking and taking alcohol
- Use humidifier for overheated apartments, avoid extremes in temperature, its sudden changes
- Cut down showers or baths to at least every other day or less, drop washings with hot water, harsh soaps. After washing, pat your skin carefully, rubbing it with washcloth may further irritate dry skin
- To smooth the skin choose the proper dry skin remedy. The new solution of the dry skin problem is usage of lotions that bond with the outer layer of the skin, helping to retain its own natural moisture while preventing absorption of the irritating substances
- Lotions do not sit on the top of the skin, clogging its pores, but allow skin to breathe and perspire. This new method lets the skin to heal itself in the most natural way, making it soft and vibrant