Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » What is the cure for rashes near the vagina during pregnancy?

What is the cure for rashes near the vagina during pregnancy?

Q: I am 4 months pregnant. I take progesterone 200 & Folic acid. Are these okay or no? I have a very serious problem of allergy and rashes near my vagina. I had applied niycle, rashfree, coconut oil and a lot of other things but day by day my allergy & itching problem is only increasing. I am not comfortable even while sitting. And right now that portion is totally dry and appears whitish.

A:You are most likely having candidal vulvovaginitis. The diagnosis can be confirmed by clinical examination and KOH/Saline examination of vaginal discharge demonstrating candida in it. The treatment in a pregnant women for this condition is clotrimazole vaginal tablet (100 mg) (available as Candid vaginal tablet) one tablet deep intravaginally introduced with an applicator at night time for 5 days or so. On the sore skin outside, one can use clotrimazole (Candid cream, Canstat cream) or any other azole (miconazole, ketoconazole) cream twice daily topically. Orally, antihistamine like tablet (Avil) can be safely taken daily at night for controlling itching. Oral antifungals (fluconazole, ketoconazole, or itraconazole) are best avoided in the early pregnancy. Consult a dermatologist for further enquiry.

Woman Gives Birth To 'Miracle Twins' Naturally, Discharges Self Hours Later

Thu, 21 Sep 2017 14:30:15 IST
Apparently she had no idea that she was giving birth to twins and then the natural delivery of the kids made the doctors describe it as "miraculous". The kids are joined at the abdomen and share an umbilical cord. Doctors say that they "desperately need surgery".

Shocking Rise In Premature Baby Deaths, Reveals Study

Thu, 21 Sep 2017 12:33:03 IST
There has been a tremendous rise in the number of neonatal deaths in connection with premature births and babies with low-birthweight over the period of past 15 years even though the country has witnessed decline in early deaths from infections, according to health officials.

Hyderabad: Senior Doctor Attacked At Gandhi Hospital, 250 Juniors Boycott Duties

Thu, 21 Sep 2017 11:30:47 IST
Doctors tried to save him but he succumbed to the attack, post which, his family attacked the doctors saying that they did not pay much attention to the patient.

Woman Revived After 30 Minutes Of Death!

Thu, 21 Sep 2017 10:30:16 IST
She suffered a cardiac arrest just before the surgery began and it was no less than a miracle when the doctors were able to revive her 30 minutes after she suffered a cardiac arrest.