Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » What does my blood report indicate?

What does my blood report indicate?

Q: I am a 22 years old boy and have taken some blood tests recently, which show haemoglobin - 16.2 g/dl, PCV - 49.2, total leucocyte count - 8.44 x 103/ml, Neutrophilis - 47.9%, Lymphocytes - 42.3%, Monocytes - 5.5%, Eosinophlis - 3.9%, Basophilis - 0.4%, E.S.R - 02 mm (1st h). Is this report normal? Please advise.

A:While most of your blood report results are within the reference interval (meaning normal) the reports of PCV 49.2 and Lymphocytes 42.3 are out of the reference range. Also, these results need to be viewed in context of the reason as to why they were ordered. In any case, your PCV is within the normal (reference) range for males which is: 45.0 + 5. In percentage the lymphocyte count is usually 40% or less, however, it is the absolute count that is more important. In your case it comes to 3570/cu mm while the normal count should be <4000/cu mm. Therefore, there is nothing to be worried about in these results.

Swine Flu Explosion: 42 New Cases Reported In Mohali, Tips To Prevent It

Mohali district reportedly sees increased number of cases of swine flu this year. So far, there have been 42 positive cases and five deaths of this deadly disease. Here's a list of tips to prevent it.

Angry With The Expensive Treatment, Patient Stabs The Doctor!

When the doctor came in to examine him on Monday evening, the patient attacked the doctor in a fit of rage. It is being stated that the patient took this step because he was upset with the expensive treatment.

65 Year Old Zirakpur Man Dies Of Swine Flu

A 65-year-old man, called Kirti Kumar died due to swine flu in Zirakpur, on Monday. This is the third swine-flu death in the Derabassi Subdivision within a period of one month.

Kerala AIDS Society Grants 'Clean Chit' To Regional Cancer Centre

According to a report by the Kerala State AIDS Control Society, the blood given to a nine year-old girl during transfusion at Regional Cancer Centre (RCC) in Thiruvananthapuram was tested before the process, and HIV was not detected, but the same was detected at a later stage.