What diet should a heart bypass surgery patient follow?
Q: My 54 years old father underwent a bypass surgery 15 days back. Please suggest a diet chart for him. His blood sugar levels, blood pressure and lipid profile are absolutely normal.
A:Suggested Diet chart: Breakfast:
- Oats porridge - 1 big bowl
- 1 medium glass low fat skim milk
- 1 cup Oolong tea (without milk and sugar)
- 1 glass cucumber juice, every alternate day
- OR 1 glass carrot juice, every alternate day
- Either 3 chappatis with dal and 1 subzi (with gravy)
- OR Whole wheat pasta with vegetables like broccolli/ red pepers/ yellow peppers/ mushrooms
- OR Dhalia khitchidi with vegetables and dahi
- 1 cup Green Tea (without milk and sugar)
- 2 whole wheat rusks with a schmear of peanut butter