Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » What are the side effects of polytorva?

What are the side effects of polytorva?

Q: I am a 32 years old male. I want to know the side effects of polytorva. My physician has asked me to take this medicine as replacement for cardace 5 mg and ecosprin 75 mg.

A:Polytorva is the brand name of a three-in-one fixed-dose combination. It contains three medicines: ramipril, atorvastatin and aspirin. Currently you are taking ramipril (cardace) 5 mg and aspirin (ecosprin) 75 mg. If you take polytorva in place of current medication, then in place of two, you would be taking three medicines. Naturally the side effects of atorvastatin will be added. Also I am not sure if atorvastatin is required in your case. Its potential side effects are: GI upset, headache, muscle and/or joint pains, asthenia, insomnia, rash, flu-like syndrome, sinusitis, elevated ALT and CPK levels in blood, sensory and mixed sensorimotor peripheral nerve disorders, tendon rupture, loss of memory, myopathy and rhabdomyolysis (which can be life-threatening) with kidney dysfunction. In general it is not a good idea to take combination products. Fixed-dose combinations (FDCs): Medicines are discovered individually and are supposed to be taken separately. Except in a few cases (such as TB medicines), it is always better to take medicines separately so that dosage can be adjusted (not possible in FDCs) and side effects of individual medicines monitored (not possible in FDCs).

Swine Flu Explosion: 42 New Cases Reported In Mohali, Tips To Prevent It

Mohali district reportedly sees increased number of cases of swine flu this year. So far, there have been 42 positive cases and five deaths of this deadly disease. Here's a list of tips to prevent it.

Angry With The Expensive Treatment, Patient Stabs The Doctor!

When the doctor came in to examine him on Monday evening, the patient attacked the doctor in a fit of rage. It is being stated that the patient took this step because he was upset with the expensive treatment.

65 Year Old Zirakpur Man Dies Of Swine Flu

A 65-year-old man, called Kirti Kumar died due to swine flu in Zirakpur, on Monday. This is the third swine-flu death in the Derabassi Subdivision within a period of one month.

Kerala AIDS Society Grants 'Clean Chit' To Regional Cancer Centre

According to a report by the Kerala State AIDS Control Society, the blood given to a nine year-old girl during transfusion at Regional Cancer Centre (RCC) in Thiruvananthapuram was tested before the process, and HIV was not detected, but the same was detected at a later stage.