Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » What are the names and addresses of the medical neglience council in Maharashtra?

What are the names and addresses of the medical neglience council in Maharashtra?

Q: My brother was admitted to a hospital in Maharashtra for a renal transplant. He expired after the surgery due to sepsis in the operated area. I feel that negligence of doctors post-operation resulted in this. Could you please give me information an address & telephone number of medical negligence counsel in Maharashtra ( Mumbai) whom I can approach to get the matter clarified. I have all the case papers and documents with me.

A:1. To file a complaint with the Maharashtra Medical Council please write to: Registrar Maharashtra Medical Council: Anand Complex, Second Floor, Arthur Road Naka, Sane Guruji Marg, Chinchpokli (W), Mumbai-400 011. Telephone: (022) 2301-0668 2. Complaints under the Consumer Protection Act with Consumer Dispute Redressal Tribunals are filed according to the amount claimed. For amounts between Rs. 5 lakh and Rs. 20 lakh the complaint must be filed at the Maharashtra State Consumer Dispute Redressal Commission. The address of the Maharashtra State Consumer Dispute Redressal Commissionis: 102, Old Administrative Staff College, Opposite Capitol Cinema, Hazarimal Somani Marg, Mumbai-400 001 Telephone: (022) 2207-2097. For a smaller amount, please contact the State Commission for information on where the complaint is to be filed. 3. The Association for Consumer Action in Safety and Health helps patients get an expert opinion on the case. For this, you can write to: Ms Yogini Acharya, ACASH c/o Servants of India Society, Second Floor, 417 Sardar Vallabhai Patel Marg, Girgaum, Mumbai-400 014 Telephone: (022) 2388-6556 Email: acashorg@vsnl.com


--------------------------------Advertisement---------------------------------- -
Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com