Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » Unstable angina

Unstable angina

Q: I had been treated as a heart patient after having chest pain 6 months ago, after doing angiography my doctor diagnosed that I am an unstable angina patient and gave me medicines to be used for 6 months, which I am using continuously, but I am feeling breathing problem - shortage of breath sometimes. At present I am out of station and cannot consult my family doctor, please let me know what to do? Also let me know what will be the best diet for me? I am using the following tablets continuously from 6 months. Morning - clopilet & tenormin; Afternoon - ecosprin; night - rantaq & TG Tor. I am using Olive oil for my food preparations.

A:Please continue the same treatment. I am not clear about the extent of disease seen by your angiography done 6 months ago. You can use nitrates (Sorbitrate), sublingually when you feel uncomfortable.
Low fat diet should continue. I would however suggest that you see a cardiologist in the city you are staying. You may require more intensive treatment if the symptoms are due to ischaemia and have increased.


--------------------------------Advertisement---------------------------------- -
Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com