Tips on weight loss?
Q: How can I lose weight?
A:Few tips to bring about weight loss as well as ensuring good health.
1. Increase the consumption of complex carbohydrates like whole wheat, millet (jowar) and barley (bajra).
2. Restrict refined products such as flour (maida) and its products such as bread, noodles, macaronis and pastas in regular diet.
3. Restrict fat and cholesterol rich foods. Only non-vegetarian foods (like eggs and dairy products) are good sources of cholesterol, however saturated fatty acids present in butter, ghee, vanaspati and coconut get metabolised to cholesterol in our body.
4. Reduce the amount of sugars consumed.
5. Consume raw fruits and vegetables in form of salads and raitas in every meal. These provide adequate vitamins, minerals and fibre. Fibre is essential as it aids in digestion, has an effective role in managing obesity and cardiovascular problems.
6. Limit salt intake.
7. Have small portions of food at a time.
8. Do not skip meals.
9. Have regular meal timings.
10. Do not eat while cooking and watching television.
11. Drink plenty of water (6-8 glasses) in a day.
12. Exercise regularly. Do brisk walking at least for 20-40 minutes in a day.