Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » Static electricity

Static electricity

Q: From the past one month whenever I touch steel parts (especially at wash basins)I am getting shock, if I touch with my fingertips. Please advise to get the problem rectified.

A:This is called static heat. It usually happens in dry weather to some people and is nothing to worry about although it does give one a bit of a shock. Touching wood or wearing rubber soles on ones chappals/sandals helps.

RELATED FAQ

................... Advertisement ...................

   

FAQ

ASK OUR EXPERTS

Using 0 of 1024 Possible characters
Choose Topic
-------------------------------- Advertisement -----------------------------------