Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » Should I increase the dose of Pantocid to twice daily?

Should I increase the dose of Pantocid to twice daily?

Q: I am 31 years old. I am suffering from severe gastric problems and chest pain. I have been recently prescribed Pantocid 40 mg once a day, but the relief is not complete. Should I increase the dose to twice a day? I got my ECG done twice and also the treadmill test. The reports are normal. Please advise.

A:You are only 31 years old. I do not think you should increase the dose of Pantocid 40 mg, but increasing the dose for a few weeks will not harm you. I would also advise you to have your stomach tested for Helicobacter pylori infection by doing stool antigen for Helicobacter. This test is quite specific if the patient is currently infected. If this test is not available, you could have an antibody test done, which is not as reliable as a stool test or endoscopy procedure.

Woman Gives Birth To 'Miracle Twins' Naturally, Discharges Self Hours Later

Thu, 21 Sep 2017 14:30:15 IST
Apparently she had no idea that she was giving birth to twins and then the natural delivery of the kids made the doctors describe it as "miraculous". The kids are joined at the abdomen and share an umbilical cord. Doctors say that they "desperately need surgery".

Shocking Rise In Premature Baby Deaths, Reveals Study

Thu, 21 Sep 2017 12:33:03 IST
There has been a tremendous rise in the number of neonatal deaths in connection with premature births and babies with low-birthweight over the period of past 15 years even though the country has witnessed decline in early deaths from infections, according to health officials.

Hyderabad: Senior Doctor Attacked At Gandhi Hospital, 250 Juniors Boycott Duties

Thu, 21 Sep 2017 11:30:47 IST
Doctors tried to save him but he succumbed to the attack, post which, his family attacked the doctors saying that they did not pay much attention to the patient.

Woman Revived After 30 Minutes Of Death!

Thu, 21 Sep 2017 10:30:16 IST
She suffered a cardiac arrest just before the surgery began and it was no less than a miracle when the doctors were able to revive her 30 minutes after she suffered a cardiac arrest.