Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » Is there any support groups for patients with pituitary hypoplasia?

Is there any support groups for patients with pituitary hypoplasia?

Q: My child (girl) 1 year old has hypoplasia of pituitary gland. She requires growth hormone which is very costly. Where can I get the aid for her treatment? Please help me.

A:To the best of my knowledge and experience there is no agency who supports children who need GH therapy in India. Some state governments do support treatment of employees and their children. Most patients will however find a support group on their own efforts. Sometimes a temporary advance of Rs 25,000- 100,000 can be provided from the Prime Ministers relief fund or the Chief Ministers relief fund or from the relief funds of an MLA or MP. But this support is usually one time only and will not be sufficient for the treatment of more than 1 year. There have been occasional support from agencies like Rotary Club or Lions Club or similar agencies for patients for more than one year. Patients who are beneficiaries of Employees Health Scheme have received complete support for therapy in many states. There have been cases where the drug companies themselves have supported treatment of some children. You can always find support if you try hard enough!


--------------------------------Advertisement---------------------------------- -
Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com