Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » Is the pain in my back due to working out in the gym?

Is the pain in my back due to working out in the gym?

Q: I joined a gym last year but developed some problem with my back, which restricted me to continue. Before starting the gym I had consulted an orthopaedic doctor and he said everything was fine and I could go ahead. But as time passed with an increase in the intensity of exercising, the problem started. Later, I discontinued going to the gym. I have pain in my lower back, left hand and the area near the 12/13 vertebrae and the left leg. What do you suggest? Is there any need of medication?

A:You might not be doing the right exercises, or may have something organic in your back. Its difficult to advise you without any objective data or evaluation. I think you should see an orthopaedic specialist and hopefully a physical therapist, who can teach you some back exercises. If the physician, after examination, feels that you need further evaluation, he may get some investigations like x-rays, MRI, etc done. You should not take steroids for this problem, and at your age with proper diet, I don't think you need calcium.


--------------------------------Advertisement---------------------------------- -
Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com