Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » How to treat resistant fungal infection?

How to treat resistant fungal infection?

Q: I am a 25 years old man and I have itching with redness on the skin of my scrotum for the last few months. A skin specialist diagnosed my condition as a fungal infection and prescibed Clotrimazole and Salicylic acid based cream. It did away with the redness on my groin but did not eliminate it. I was given Zocon tablets as well but this too was ineffective. Then I tried other medicines and anti-fungal creams (e.g. Mycogel) and powders on his advice to no avail. I am not overweight and do not have diabetes. I also don't have any allergies. Please advise what should I do?

A:It appears that initially you applied antifungal and some other preparation. If this other preparation did not contain steroids, then the fact you improved means that your problem had fungal component as a disease agent. However, there is no further improvement, then either this fungal disorder is partially resistant to treatment given or there is another component of your disease problem which has to be identified and treated. This other component, e.g. could be contact dermatitis, seborrhoeic dermatitis etc.


--------------------------------Advertisement---------------------------------- -
Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com