Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » How to treat knee injury due to football?

How to treat knee injury due to football?

Q: My husband played a lot of football in school and college, as a result has a knee problem, it cracks everytime he runs and he can never play football again. What is the best treatment, arthoscopy or something else? Who is the best in the field and how do I go about it?

A:It is possible that your husband has a cartilage/meniscus problem in his knee, related to his previous footballing days. Arthroscopy would help to diagnose this and very often one can definitively deal with the problem as well. However, a clinical examination is very necessary, to consider the various possibilities. For this, you could either consult a rheumatologist (that is, a physician specialising in the management of joint problems) or an orthopaedic surgeon.


--------------------------------Advertisement---------------------------------- -
Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com