Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » How to treat a hairline fracture in the ankle?

How to treat a hairline fracture in the ankle?

Q: Last year I got a hairline fracture in the ankle of my right leg. The doctor said that the layer on some parts of the bones have been damaged and it is a class 3 sprain. I put POP for 3 weeks at that time but since then I have not been very comfortable. Sometimes it pains while running and jumping. When I rotate my right foot a clicking sound is audible from the joint. What is the reason and what should I do?

A:One year is a long time to have neglected yourself. You must not have done your physiotherapy exercises properly and might have taken it lightly. I suggest you go to a physiotherapist and get a proper clinical examination done. Proper strengthening exercises, gait training and if there is any shortening of any tendon, stretching of the same should relieve your pain. Please do not give up this time unless you are fully recovered.

Woman Gives Birth To 'Miracle Twins' Naturally, Discharges Self Hours Later

Thu, 21 Sep 2017 14:30:15 IST
Apparently she had no idea that she was giving birth to twins and then the natural delivery of the kids made the doctors describe it as "miraculous". The kids are joined at the abdomen and share an umbilical cord. Doctors say that they "desperately need surgery".

Shocking Rise In Premature Baby Deaths, Reveals Study

Thu, 21 Sep 2017 12:33:03 IST
There has been a tremendous rise in the number of neonatal deaths in connection with premature births and babies with low-birthweight over the period of past 15 years even though the country has witnessed decline in early deaths from infections, according to health officials.

Hyderabad: Senior Doctor Attacked At Gandhi Hospital, 250 Juniors Boycott Duties

Thu, 21 Sep 2017 11:30:47 IST
Doctors tried to save him but he succumbed to the attack, post which, his family attacked the doctors saying that they did not pay much attention to the patient.

Woman Revived After 30 Minutes Of Death!

Thu, 21 Sep 2017 10:30:16 IST
She suffered a cardiac arrest just before the surgery began and it was no less than a miracle when the doctors were able to revive her 30 minutes after she suffered a cardiac arrest.