Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » How to prevent hepatitis B infection?

How to prevent hepatitis B infection?

Q: I have Been Married Since 3 Months and My Wife is Carrying Now.. We Found Recently in a Test that I and My Wife Are Hepatitis B Possitive.. Is there any Chance that My Child Will not be Infected by this or is there any Cure for the Child?I Have to Consult a Doctor Yet . This test was done to Get Our Visa to US

A:If both you and your wife are Hep B positive, there is a chance that your baby will also be positive. This however depends upon the further serological status of each parent and you should consult a specialist (gastroenterologist) who can guide you further.Regarding your baby, the risk of becoming Hep B positive can be decreased, if soon after birth, specific gamma globulin and Hep B vaccination are given. Your babys neonatologist (after birth) will give you specific advice on this.