Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » How to manage impotency after an accident?

How to manage impotency after an accident?

Q: I am a high B.P. patient and taking Losartan potassium with Amlodipine tablet daily and my BP remains under control but some time due to the nature of my work it rises to 135/100 mm Hg. Due to a pelvic fracture and stricture urethra caused by a road accident, urethrotomy and dilatation was done for one year in 1997 but now there is no urine problem. But impotency occurred after that accident I am 42 year old and my urologist suggested Nuvir tablet two in the morning and one in the evening. My question is whether taking Nuvir tablet will increase my BP or may I take Viagra 25 mg or any other tablet you suggest to prevent my family life. My lipid profile is also under control (Total cholesterol 170, LDL 100 and HDL 38) and uric acid level is normal.

A:You can try Viagra(Penagra/Erix/Caverta) in dose of 50 mg about 45 mts before sexual activity. This may help. Otherwise, see a urologist to learn self penile injections which will definitely work. Nuvir will not help you. When you take Viagra don't take any new medicine, specially for the heart, without telling the doctor that you take Viagra off and on.


--------------------------------Advertisement---------------------------------- -
Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com