Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » How to manage arthritis?

How to manage arthritis?

Q: My aunty aged 55+ is suffering from pain in the knee and elbow joints and ribs and she cannot walk even 1/4 km. If she tries to walk, she gets severe pain. All her leg joints seem to be loose. Can you please suggest a good medicine or any ointment that can give relief instantly and in the long run. Recently I had taken her to a hospital where she was diagnosed to be diabetic and the doctor said that since it is in a early stage diet control would be better and it can be easily cured. Is it easily curable and what diet should she take? What are the daily exercises she should do? What are the best medicines you suggest for both these ailments.

A:It is not possible to suggest specific medicines for the arthritis, unless one can examine the paient and also determine what exact type of arthritis a patient has. I would therefore suggest that you should take your Aunty to a Rheumatologist- that is, a Physician who specialises in the treatment of arthritis- who will be able to guide you correctly.

Swine Flu Explosion: 42 New Cases Reported In Mohali, Tips To Prevent It

Mohali district reportedly sees increased number of cases of swine flu this year. So far, there have been 42 positive cases and five deaths of this deadly disease. Here's a list of tips to prevent it.

Angry With The Expensive Treatment, Patient Stabs The Doctor!

When the doctor came in to examine him on Monday evening, the patient attacked the doctor in a fit of rage. It is being stated that the patient took this step because he was upset with the expensive treatment.

65 Year Old Zirakpur Man Dies Of Swine Flu

A 65-year-old man, called Kirti Kumar died due to swine flu in Zirakpur, on Monday. This is the third swine-flu death in the Derabassi Subdivision within a period of one month.

Kerala AIDS Society Grants 'Clean Chit' To Regional Cancer Centre

According to a report by the Kerala State AIDS Control Society, the blood given to a nine year-old girl during transfusion at Regional Cancer Centre (RCC) in Thiruvananthapuram was tested before the process, and HIV was not detected, but the same was detected at a later stage.