Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » How to handle a child with poor concentration in studies?

How to handle a child with poor concentration in studies?

Q: My daughter is 11 years old. She does not pay attention and makes no effort in her studies or her daily routine work. Her concentration is poor and she is always indulging in less important jobs while avoiding the important ones. She also constantly interferes in others work. Please tell me how to handle her so that I can help her overcome these habits.

A:Your daughter is reaching adolescence and it is important that you discuss with her to be able to motivate and involve her in any action to be taken. Try to sit down and talk with her whether her present behaviour is acceptable to her. Try to find out the reasons why she cannot concentrate and then try to arrive at ways so that she can gradually increase her concentration and focus on studies. Nagging will not help at all and may only make her rebel.

Woman Gives Birth To 'Miracle Twins' Naturally, Discharges Self Hours Later

Thu, 21 Sep 2017 14:30:15 IST
Apparently she had no idea that she was giving birth to twins and then the natural delivery of the kids made the doctors describe it as "miraculous". The kids are joined at the abdomen and share an umbilical cord. Doctors say that they "desperately need surgery".

Shocking Rise In Premature Baby Deaths, Reveals Study

Thu, 21 Sep 2017 12:33:03 IST
There has been a tremendous rise in the number of neonatal deaths in connection with premature births and babies with low-birthweight over the period of past 15 years even though the country has witnessed decline in early deaths from infections, according to health officials.

Hyderabad: Senior Doctor Attacked At Gandhi Hospital, 250 Juniors Boycott Duties

Thu, 21 Sep 2017 11:30:47 IST
Doctors tried to save him but he succumbed to the attack, post which, his family attacked the doctors saying that they did not pay much attention to the patient.

Woman Revived After 30 Minutes Of Death!

Thu, 21 Sep 2017 10:30:16 IST
She suffered a cardiac arrest just before the surgery began and it was no less than a miracle when the doctors were able to revive her 30 minutes after she suffered a cardiac arrest.