Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » How should I deal with my son?

How should I deal with my son?

Q: My 15 years old son is intelligent but is adamant and does not listen to any one. He does not like if some one tells him to study or any such thing. Earlier he used to become violent, but now he doesn’t. In school he is perfectly fine. He does well in exams but he does not tolerate if we say no to any of his unreasonable demands. We took him to a psychologist 2 years back but he refused to talk to her. Somehow of late, he has developed some aversion towards me and he tries to taunt me. I am not able to figure out the reason. For the last 3 weeks he is not talking to me. If we call him to a psychologist, he is not willing to come. How can I make him talk to me normally? Please help.

A:You seem to be struggling alone. Please take the help of the child's mother or his grandparents to persuade your son to get some help from a counsellor or psychologist. Nothing like this happens suddenly or without a reason. It may be important for you to introspect and locate the reasons for the child’s feeling of indifference or hostility to you.


--------------------------------Advertisement---------------------------------- -
Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com