Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » How can urinary tract infection (UTI) be treated?

How can urinary tract infection (UTI) be treated?

Q: I am 23 years old suffering from urinary tract infection (UTI). I am experiencing slight burning sensation while urinating, low amount of urine, cloudy urine which smells and loss of appetite. Please tell me which medicines to take for this infection.

A:It seems that you have urinary symptoms of 1-day duration. You have provided very little details for any fruitful advice. The advice would depend on the sex of the patient, whether male or female, and associated medical conditions. While simple antibiotics may be advised to a sexually active female with UTI without any tests, detailed investigations would be mandatory in a male. You must seek help of a Urologist for further advice.


--------------------------------Advertisement---------------------------------- -
Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com