Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » How can oedema be treated?

How can oedema be treated?

Q: I am a 26 years old female. I delivered my first baby three months back. Since then, I am suffering from oedema. My TSH levels were low and so the doctor prescribed me Elthroxin for a month. The medication course is over and again I have started having the oedema of hands. I also experience pain in the throat. What should I do?

A:Oedema of feet or hand denotes fluid retention in body and hypothyroidism is one of the causes. Others include liver, kidney, heart dysfunction, venous stasis and low albumin levels due to intestinal problem. Apart from this the more common cause is idiopathic (not related to any disease). I suggest you to get urine routine, urea and creatinine, LFT, ECG and a fresh TSH. Also send me the previous thyroid report. In your case the edema is likely to be either related to hypothyroidism or idiopathic. You can take Tab Ditide half once a day for three days and then whenever needed.


--------------------------------Advertisement---------------------------------- -
Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com