Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » How can my skin problem be treated?

How can my skin problem be treated?

Q: I am a 38 years old woman having small boils all over the body. There is a lot of itching and my skin becomes dry too. One of the boils on the right leg had accumulated pus and I used to scratch around it. Though it has healed on its own, it has left a black scar on the leg. If the other boils ooze pus then they spread all over the body. The doctor gave me an injection for three days. The itching did stop but had no effect on the boils. I had headache and nausea too. So I consulted another doctor who diagnosed it as bronchitis and prescribed Clavum, Primrose, Omez, Ebast, Dulcolax, Stugil, Sensur oil and Lanzol on SOS basis for headache. After taking the medicines I felt unconscious. I came to know that Clavum is given for asthma but I am not suffering from asthma and do not have the family history of the same too; only my grandfather was asthmatic. Am I asthmatic or a bronchitis patient? I do snore while sleeping and tend to shake in my sleep. Should I undertake the high-resolution computed tomography (HRCT) test? What all tests are required? My eyes become heavy after dinner or lunch and I feel like sleeping. I have body ache and persistent constipation. I have not had my periods last month. Apart from this there is a thick white sticky discharge whenever I urinate. The thickness has increased over the past month. Prior to the start of the problem my legs used to get swollen up after meals. An Ayurvedic doctor told me that this is because of disturbed periods. Please advise.

A:1. Clavam is an antibiotic used for skin/respiratory infections. It does not indicate that somebody has asthma or bronchitis. To establish if you have asthma, you need to get a pulmonary function test (PFT) done. A physician should be able to examine your chest and say whether you have an asthmatic wheeze or not. HRCT thorax may be done only if there are some findings on clinical examination of chest. Repeated skin infections are generally due to bacteria like Staphylococcus and need to be treated properly to prevent repeated infections. 2. For constipation, increase fibre and water intake in your diet. Use isabgol or a stool softener. 3. You need to rule out conditions like anaemia, hypothyroidism or polycystic ovaries by blood tests for anemia and thyroid disease and ultrasound for ovaries. 4. Consult a gynaecologist for vaginitis. Get a urine routine examination and culture done.


--------------------------------Advertisement---------------------------------- -
Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com