Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » How can my leg pain be treated?

How can my leg pain be treated?

Q: I am a 39 years old woman having severe pain in my calf area of the right leg. I feel stiffness followed by inability to bend the knee backwards. It happens mainly while walking or sitting in one position for a long time. What is the cause? How it can be managed?

A:You seem to be slightly on the younger side to get arthritis of the knee but your symptoms sound like that you might be having some knee arthritis with possibly a Baker’s cyst. The initial step for you would be to get a standing/weight bearing X-rays of the knees and if that does not shown anything you should get a ultrasound of the back of the knee to rule out any blood clots as well as to look for a Baker's cyst.


--------------------------------Advertisement---------------------------------- -
Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com