Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » How can my husband recover from an electric shock?

How can my husband recover from an electric shock?

Q: My 49 years old husband got an electric shock while talking on the phone three years back. Ever since, he has violent misbalanced feelings. He feels giddy and nauseated most of the times. This happens even sometimes when he is driving. As a result he drives very slowly and occasionally. His whole confidence has been shattered. Mostly this occurs when he is under tension after a verbal duel or small fight / tiff etc. His hearing ability has also been severely affected. Is this a case of vertigo or something else?

A:I can understand the stress you and your husband must be going through following the untoward incident. Given the symptoms you have mentioned in him, I suggest that your husband requires a detailed ENT and neuro-psychiatric evaluation (incl. electrophysiological and radiological tests to understand the underlying pathology and treating it accordingly). Some of his symptoms appear to get precipitated with stress. It also seems from your mail that due to inadequate control and unpredictable occurrence of episodes at times, his confidence has gone quite low and his lifestyle has also become quite restrictive. Therefore alongside careful assessment of the underlying factors and treating them, one also needs to work on enhancing his coping abilities and building his self confidence. Mood symptoms can also be addressed by judicious use of medication. I suggest that he needs a detailed evaluation.


--------------------------------Advertisement---------------------------------- -
Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com