Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » How can my hair loss problem be cured?

How can my hair loss problem be cured?

Q: I am 35 years old. I am suffering from severe hair loss. I am using minoxidil (Mintop) lotion on hair, as a result of which there has been some recovery. Is it sufficient? Do I need to take any tablets in addition to it? Please advise.

A:Hair loss is not a simple problem. It needs proper evaluation before therapy is instituted. Your problem of hair loss could be that of androgenetic alopecia, telogen effluvium, anagen effluvium, may be due to nutritional deficiency or systemic disease. Treatment can be directed at the cause. In case of androgenetic alopecia, besides topical minoxidil, systemic finasteride 1 mg tablet per day is advised depending upon patient profile and a lot of counselling.


--------------------------------Advertisement---------------------------------- -
Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com