How can I lighten the dark patches on my knee and elbow?
Q: I am a 24 years old female and my knees and elbows are very dark. Please suggest.
A:Please read below some points pertaining to your elbows and knees developing dark patches. Some causes of dark knees and elbows:
- Too much sun exposure with no protective coverings and sunscreen protection.
- Constant kneeling or leaning your elbows at all time with no protective clothing.
- Other type of Some medications that leads to awith side effects that can causes the discoloration of your knees and elbows.
- Certain disease like Addison’s syndrome (endocrine disease) and PCOD.
- Neglecting to take good care of them.
- Exfoliating your skin once or twice a week is a good way for skin renewal. This process simply gets rid of some dry or dead skin thus releasing a good radiance of new skin cells.
- Moisturising your body after a shower and exfoliating is really important whether this is your case or not. There is not enough oil glands in the parts of our knees and elbow so it will help if your keep it moist. There are some cheap body moisturizing lotions in the market and make sure it has ingredients like: shea butter, jojoba oil, sweet almond oil, urea and alpha-hydroxy.
- A good application of sunscreen with SPF 30 or SPF 45.