Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » How can I help my daughter with cerebral palsy stand and walk?

How can I help my daughter with cerebral palsy stand and walk?

Q: My 5.5 years old child has cerebral palsy. Her milestones were very slow and now she can't stand or walk. She can sit and her normal routine is very fine - she can talk, write, etc. I am taking her for physiotherapy and her legs are a little stronger and there are slight movements in her legs but there is shivering too. Can you please tell me what I can do to help her?

A:If the main worry is regarding her ability to stand and walk, physiotherapy will certainly help. However, physiotherapy alone may not provide maximum benefit. Ask your paediatrician to refer you to a doctor specialising in neurodevelopmental evaluation who may be able to advise your physiotherapist about what may best help your child. This doctor may also be able to give medicines to help control the shivering in the legs and improve the strength and help her to start walking. If there is difficulty finding a neurodevelopmental specialist try and contact a branch of the Spastic Society in your city. They will have all the specialists in their centre.


--------------------------------Advertisement---------------------------------- -
Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com