Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » Fungal infection on penis

Fungal infection on penis

Q: I am a 31 years old married man and have fungal infection on my penis for last one year for which I have been treated several times. During treatment and for a week afterwards the fungus gets wiped out but recurs after 15 or 20 days. I also got my wife treated and she is fine but my problem continues. I have taken the following medicines: 1. Fluconazole - two pills once a day; 2.Zocon T - two pills once a day; 3. Surfaz anti fungal cream. The same medicines were also taken by my wife. Please help.

A:You should get your wife's and your blood sugar & urine sugar tested to rule out underlying diabetes mellitus. The above tests are a must. Sometimes, topical antifungals also cause allergy and stopping them and using oral ones may help. Tests for fungus are required to confirm your diagnosis.