Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » Ears - emission of pus

Ears - emission of pus

Q: Since childhood, pus has been coming out from the right ear. Whenever I consult an ENT specialist, he checks out and gives some medicine, so that it temporally stops and after a couple of months, the same thing happens again. Is this curable by medicine or by surgery?

A:If you have pus from your ear, there is a likely perforation of the eardrum, with or without the bone being destroyed. In any case, the permanent treatment is surgery (Tympanoplasty or Mastoidectomy with tympanoplasty, as the case may be). The chances of success, are 80-90%. With tympanoplasty, there are no complicatiuons. If mastoidectomy is needed, there are some inherent risks which need to be explained. You need to be seen by an expert.


--------------------------------Advertisement---------------------------------- -
Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com